The UK’s West Midlands Police Deploys 1600 Axon Body 2 Cameras
The UK’s West Midlands Police Deploys 1600 Axon Body 2 Cameras Backed By Evidence.com Cloud Platform
LONDON, June 10, 2016
TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and its United Kingdom subsidiary, Axon Public Safety UK, today announced that it has been awarded a contract to provide West Midlands Police with 1,600 Axon Body 2 cameras, along with a multi-year contract for Evidence.com, its cloud-based digital evidence management platform. The decision follows a 12-month trial period during which West Midlands Police performed trials with two body camera solutions, ultimately choosing the Axon solution for its seamless integrations and ability to securely manage and share digital evidence from capture to courtroom. This order was received and shipped in the second quarter of 2016.
In addition to deploying Axon Body 2 cameras and Evidence.com, officers will also be using Axon Capture and Axon View mobile applications. From capturing audio evidence to live streaming video in the field, these mobile apps helped solidify the Axon solution as the best fit within the framework of WMP2020, West Midlands Police’s five year transformation program.
“For us Evidence.com is cost effective, flexible, secure and we can easily share with third parties like the courts, CPS, defenses and others,” said Chief Superintendent Chris Todd from West Midlands Police.
“In addition to providing us a central repository for securely managing our digital evidence, the Axon solution also provides an opportunity for us to present better evidence in the courtroom.”
“In just the last 6 months, several of the largest forces in the UK, the Met, GMP and West Midlands, have made long term investments in body-worn video and associated Digital Evidence Management solutions,” said Matt Spencer, Managing Director of Axon Public Safety UK. “Forces are now recognising that it’s not just about the body-worn video camera. They understand that it’s about the different ways in which you capture digital evidence and then how you manage, retrieve, securely store and share that data. It’s about the end to end workflow of that evidence so it can be used to protect the truth and protect victims of crime. Hyper-cloud technologies like Evidence.com are driving how we use digital evidence in order to achieve these positive outcomes for forces. The cloud is the key enabler and today we are only seeing a fraction of what is going to be possible in the next 3-5 years.”
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to protect our police officers and the communities they serve:
– Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi to better track and manage data
– Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
– Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
– Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
– Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 167,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER’s products and services.